The Next Chapter

A rambling, nonsensical yarn about a guy who no longer cared where he was going and got lost alot on his way to California.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

The start of the trip... or not...

Crest Hill, IL

It figures that the keyboard would act up right when I decide to write a blog. See, the g, h, ‘, and backspace keys just conked out on my keyboard. So I‘m typing this in Word, and replacing number placeholders with the appropriate letters.

Hello and welcome to the start of my journey.

Right now I’m sitting in my apartment near Joliet, waiting for a call. I have one last piece of business to wrap up before I leave, and it’s important enough that I have to wait. So you can appreciate my current frustration. To add to that frustration, the business is two hours away in the opposite direction of the move.

I took my leftover food to the Salvation Army this morning. It’s quite a dilemma. I would like to give to charities, and I would like to give to the church, but I was short for time and didn’t realize just how much food I had. I took my freezer foods there, and it was scary just how little food they had. So it made me feel good, and hopefully someone will enjoy the food this year. I just wish I knew a little more about giving to charity. It’s not a position I’ve been in lately.

The apartment packed up quickly, and I thought it would. There are little things, though, that remain and remind me that I have to return. Odds and ends, small things, and that I need to clean the apartment well before vacating.

In the fervor of packing, I packed my digital camera. So there won’t be any pictures for the first couple of posts. Those of you that know me realize this is more disturbing than I would like; that camera has been a great way for me to capture life over the last three years. Fortunately, this should be the shortest part of the relocation, so you‘ll have to live with words for now.

Maybe by then I’ll have the g, h, ‘, and backspace keys back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home